Stavrakas Mansion

Stavrakas Mansion was built approximately in 1870-1880 in the northern part of the country, just beneath the walls and near the gate of Theologos Monastery. It is a classic example of the traditional Patmian house in the neoclassical era. Architecturally, it extends over the steep slope and it has three floors and a small courtyard.

It was restored by the Patmian Culture Company (EMCO) and now is open as an international environment and culture center.

Reference: Greek Society for the Environment and Cultural Heritage. Click here for the brochure.

You might also like

Sights

Monastery Zoodochos Pigi

The Nunnery “Zoodochos Pigi” is located southwest of the Monastery of St. John the Theologian in Chora and was founded in 1607 by the Abbot of the Monastery of St.

Sights

Port of Skala – Life center of the island

Patmos has evolved into a cosmopolitan destination, while keeping at the same time the mystical atmosphere, with the port of Skala being the center of the island life. The port

Sights

Simantiri Mansion

The oldest building in the country after the Monastery, located near the renowned Monastery of Zoodochos Pigi, Simantiri Mansion was built in 1625 by Smyrnian artisans and is a characteristic