Simantiri Mansion

The oldest building in the country after the Monastery, located near the renowned Monastery of Zoodochos Pigi, Simantiri Mansion was built in 1625 by Smyrnian artisans and is a characteristic patmian two-storey mansion, which now operates as a folklore museum. Its interior includes furniture, paintings, heirlooms (mainly from Odessa) and a rare iconostasis with icons of Russian style of the 14th, 15th and 16th century. House-museum, the tour is given by its eighth generation owner, Mrs Morfousa Simantiri, who leavens the objects with stories from the past and jokes about their acquisition and use.

Open all year round
Hours: Daily, 09: 00-13: 30 and 17: 00-19: 30
Tel .: (+30)  22470 31360

You might also like

Sights

Holy Cave of the Apocalypse

Located on the hill between Skala and Chora, the Holy Cave of the Apocalypse is a point of reference not only of Patmos, but of Christianity worldwide. This cave was

Sights

Monastery Zoodochos Pigi

The Nunnery “Zoodochos Pigi” is located southwest of the Monastery of St. John the Theologian in Chora and was founded in 1607 by the Abbot of the Monastery of St.

Sights

The Windmills of Patmos

The windmills of Chora Built in the east of the Holy Monastery of Patmos, on the top of the hill with view of the sea, the three windmills of Chora